So as I have no job at the moment my money situation isn’t ideal, I have run out of most of my skin care and I am using up various cleansers! My skin is awful at the moment and I cannot wait to invest in some decent skin care that I have been eyeing up and reading up about. So I thought why not share my skin care wishlist with you and then when I buy these products and have used them for a bit I will tell you my thoughts on them and let you know if my skin has got better!
1. The cleanser I want to try out is the Vitage Revitalising Daily Cleanse 200ml, I hadn’t ever heard of this brand until I saw a YouTuber talk about it. My skins been very problematic at the moment and I’ve been getting a lot of blemishes. I saw ‘Wounderfuly0u’ on YouTube had talked about the problems she’s had with her skin and suffering with ache, and how much this cleanser has helped her skin, which you can read about on her blog HERE. This cleanser is for all skin types, but Vitage says they are a universal range and are a simple solution to many skin problems. Which is what appeals to me not only seeing someone else with problem skin have good results, but knowing there products are not only for all skin types but there also designed to help many skin problems, so there an all-rounder. I have found when I use skin care targeted for blemished skin or oily skin I often don’t get the results I want as I get blemishes but my skin isn’t too oily so these products strip my skin and then I get a lot of dry patched in areas and my skin feels dehydrated, so opting for something that’s gentle and for all skin types seems like the best way to go!
2. The moisturiser I am eyeing up at the moment is the Origins GinZing™ Energy-boosting moisturizer 50ml, I have heard a lot of good things about this moisturiser. Its lightweight and oil free so I don’t need to worry about this being too heavy for my skin, but it’s also like an energy drink for your skin, it contains Panex GinZing and Coffee Bean to energize your skin and boost your hydration levels, which also ticks another box for me, its light weight and oil free but still very hydrating and perfect for skin that needs waking up and needs a little help to glow and look energized. I cannot wait to see if this moisturiser is as good as it sounds like it would be for my skin and I hope it lives up to other people’s opinions!
3. The next product is the St Ives Invigorating Apricot Facial Scrub 150ml, I have tried this face scrub before so I know I love this product and its a drug store or high street product so it’s very in expensive. I have tried many face scrubs before and I find there either not rough enough and feel as if they are doing nothing, or the grains just wash away as you’re trying to rub them in. This is a product I always go back to, the grains are small but abrasive enough to feel them working away and leaves your skin feeling soft and like the scrub has actually done something, you can find this in Boots, Superdrug, Tesco’s and other supermarkets and drug stores!
4. Another origins product now, the Super Spot Remover Blemish Treatment Gel 10ml, I have heard amazing things about this, people saying they just pop this on blemishes and it helps reduce redness and clear the blemishes up, which everyone wants when they get a spot! I currently use a spot treatment I get from the doctors, and it is really good but its meant for acne, which I don’t have so I think it’s a bit harsh on my skin as it can leave my skin looking dry and flaky in the areas I’ve applied it. Plus its a pain in the ass having to go to the doctors and pick up prescriptions! This treatment gel contains salicylic acid which is known for drying up and healing spots, but it also contains caffeine and red algae that helps calm and reduce redness. I am hoping this will be a little gentler on my skin but still have good results, its a very small bottle but everyone I have read about using this say you only need a tiny bit on each spot so it lasts a long time!
5. Last but not least the Lush Tea Tree Water, which is a toning water. I always used to feel like toners we’re a waste of time, but they are so refreshing to spritz on after cleansing your skin with warm water or sprtiz on to a cotton pad and run over your skin. It helps to get rid any dirt and oils left on skin after cleansing and to also close your pours after opening them when cleansing with warm water. Tea Tree is known for being good for blemishes and being naturally anti bacterial, which will help keep the bacteria away that causes spots. But that’s not all it contains grapefruit which is high in vitamins and Juniperberry which is antiseptic and helps stimulate the skin.
So the only product I haven’t got for my skin is a good face mask, if you have any face mask recommendations leave me a comment as I’d love to hear about it! If you have tried any of these products let me know how you got on with them?