I do not understand where the months go, at the start of the New Year I wrote a blog post about what I want to achieve this year and how months and years go by, then before I know it nothings changed, you can read that post HERE. I can’t believe it’s already may and I’m starting to notice how nothing has changed again. May isn’t a significant month like the January is because of the New Year, but I will be turning 20, which I’m not going to lie scares the crap out of me!! I remember turning 18 and it only feels like 5 mins ago, not a lot has changed since then. This is a ‘feel good Friday’ blog post so I don’t want to focus on the fact my life hasn’t moved on much, instead I want to focus on starting to achieve things I want to. To get the ball rolling I’m going write a mini may list of little things I want to start achieving or that I am looking forward to this month. Obviously these achievements and aspirations are not only for the month of May but it’s almost a little to do list to remind me, get me started and motivate me! So here goes..
- Firstly although turning 20 scares me, I am excited its my birthday. Who doesn’t like having a whole day dedicated to celebrating your birth where you receive present, eat too much cake and spend time with your family!
- May is usually slightly warmer than April, which is always something to look forward to. Although, its been raining and thundering in England the past couple of weeks, oh the joys of an English spring/summer! The sun seems to not only brighten up the sky’s, but my mind also feels brighter and fresher when its summer!
- More weight loss, so as some of you may know I am a Weight Watchers member, I managed to lose 3 stone but then I fell of the band wagon and put some of it back on. I have recently started getting back in to it and I’ve started doing my ‘Jillian Michael’s 30 Day Shred’ Work out again. So I am hoping the month of may, is going to be a good one on the weight loss front (plus all the other months to)!!
- Now here’s a big one for me, this crosses my mind every month and is probably my biggest challenge. I haven’t had a long-term job pretty much ever due to my OCD and Depression, I have had short-term jobs but due to the problems I was going through, I would quit. I am getting stronger at managing these problems and know I need to start looking for a part-time job soon, yes I probably am putting it off. It’s a big deal to me though, its scary and Its going to be out of my comfort zone. During May I want to start to just look around for jobs and maybe apply for a couple of part-time ones. I feel almost ready, but fear is stopping me, but I am hoping turning 20 will motivate me into taking the plunge, I don’t want to leave it much longer if I can help it!
- I don’t thank my blog, readers and followers enough. It means so much to me that people take the time to read my blog posts and even find help and comfort in some of my mental health posts. I am looking forward to my blog growing and having lots of lovely new followers and seeing where this blogging journey takes me!
- Another thing that’s on my to do list is cooking and blogging Weight Watchers recipes! I always say I’m going to do this but I never do. I have already started trying some new ones out, I recently made banana oatmeal pancakes, kale chips and a pesto and mascarpone filled chicken breast with home-made bread crumbs, yum! Here’s to many more!
- This is a stupid one, but I am looking forward to it none the less, I love Catfish the tv show and there is a new series starting on the 12th of may on MTV. Does anyone else look forward to new series of TV shows? I don’t think I am the only one! TV has really been boring me recently so I hope some new series will be coming out. I miss My Mad Fat Diary already!
Let me know in the comments what you’re looking forward to in may, or things you want to start achieving. Also let me know if you decide to write a little reminder list to!!
Happy Friday and Happy May!